A potential longer term contract position aimed at assisting the ICT Contracts Manager with the management of various ICT contract activities during an exciting period of growth and internal transformation. The ideal candidate must act with integrity, works collaboratively, communicates effectively (writes fluently in a range of styles and formats depending on audience). Will be working from Parramatta Office and will need to be vaccinated to work onsite at this Government Agency.
Primary purpose of the role
The Procurement Officer provides procurement expertise and assists stakeholders to plan, develop, source and manage procurement arrangements to effectively meet business outcomes and government directions.
- Validate stakeholder business needs, compile and source market information, and assist in analysing markets and assessing risk to inform procurement planning and sourcing decisions
- Conduct sourcing activities in accordance with established policies and procedures to meet business needs and participate in negotiations to establish and review supply arrangements that will deliver value for money procurement outcomes
- Implement and contribute to the development of contract management plans, resolve issues, monitor performance and negotiate contract variations through effective supplier relationships to enhance business outcomes
- Provide advice, information and guidance on procurement related matters to staff across the agency to provide governance and support good practice in procurement
- Identify, mitigate and escalate procurement risks to enable the organisation to meet its obligations and maximise business opportunities
- Maintain and update procurement records and generate reports on procurement and contract activity to meet organisational compliance requirements and provide access to procurement information