- Identify opportunities and solutions to resolve contentious, long term and emerging data management issues.
- Review current data management approaches and develop a fit for purpose governance framework for the intelligence team.
- Review, catalogues and update existing data sets using Power Bi/Excel/other
- Examine additional data management opportunities for the intelligence team.
- Facilitate strong working relationships with the intelligence team to understand their needs, clarify requirements and deliver a usable data management framework.
Key challenges of the role :
- Evaluate multiple existing data sources/formats and formulating a fit for purpose data strategy to assist the intelligence team.
- Updating, cataloguing and storing multiple data formats in a useable way
- Developing guidance and managing change associated with the implementation of new approaches
- Qualifications in data science and/or intelligence
- Experience with database management and query tools
- Experience with developing database governance frameworks
- Experience with data science tools, such as R or Python
- Experience with data processing and analysis tools, such as BI or Excel
- Excellent communication skills, including for preparing and/or explaining data management frameworks and approaches
- General understanding of environmental science and/or policy (context).
- Experience working in or for government agencies