The Senior Systems Officer, Software Defined Infrastructure is responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of Private and Public Cloud Infrastructure with emphasis on business roadmap activities including technology support, customer satisfaction, process improvement and migration/transition project support.
- Perform proactive problem resolution and complex problem analysis as necessary, to maintain system performance to meet user demand
- Participate in projects to on board new customers and services to the software defined platforms.
- Develop, maintain, automate and perform operational procedures and ensure operational tasks are performed reliably and consistently to reduce the risk of unplanned outages
- Evaluate new technologies and monitor the market for emerging technology. Provide advice and recommendation to ICT programs and SD teams on opportunities for service improvement.
- Take initiative and look for opportunities in the Change and Event management processes to improve interactions with these processes and maintain compliance towards the NSW Health methodologies
- Train and mentor the other of the team to ensure they have the knowledge and abilities to assist other teams, existing LHD and Service Desk personnel for resolution of complex service related issues.
- Preparation of reports that document the various performance characteristics of the information technology service delivery that relate to technical issues
- Demonstrated extensive experience and/or qualifications in supporting enterprise Software Defined Infrastructure:
- Virtualisation Technologies
- Enterprise Compute Technologies
- Public Cloud Services
- Enterprise Storage and Data Centre Networking (Foundation knowledge) Demonstrated extensive experience working with Enterprise Data Centre Hardware:
- Converged Infrastructure (HP/Cisco UCS) and Hyper Converged /Composable Infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience working with Cloud Service models and associated supporting systems (ITSM, Patch Management, Security, Performance & Capacity Management, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to automate, configure policy based technology and understand the relationship to Capacity and Performance Management.
- Ability to be flexible and undertake a variety of roles and ownership within and across support and/or projects teams to deliver agreed outcomes with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated understanding of interoperability and proven ability to fault find in a complex and intergraded enterprise technology environment.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with management, vendors, partners and customers both internal and external to eHealth.