- NSW State Government
- 3 month contract
- City location
The Business BA must have an excellent analysis, communication and high quality documentation skills to produce business requirements, user stories, Option Analysis and Business Case, Powerpoint presentations and perform end-to-end business analysis activities throughout the project.
- Conduct business requirements gathering workshops.
- Work with external users, project team members, business subject matter experts, vendors and other agencies (as necessary) to gather business and reporting requirement and document Epics and User Stories in JIRA.
- Where necessary design and develop as-is and to-be business process maps, in conjunction with the business subject matter experts, using MS Visio
- Where necessary update or develop wireframes in consultation with project team members and document using Visio.
- Provide support and guidance as appropriate to members of the project team;
- Provide input into the Business Impact Register;
- Report on status, issues and risks as required;
- Assist in the resolution of issues within the project to contribute to the overall solution.
- Proven track record as a Business BA with significant experience in large, complex system development projects and strong technical understanding.
- Advance documentation skills with the ability to produce high quality written documentation such as business case, option analysis and business requirements, and PowerPoint presentation in timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills with high level interpersonal and relationship building skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Proven experience working in end-to-end system development projects, and both waterfall and agile projects.
- Strong analysis skills;
- Demonstrated skills and experience to undertake the tasks defined using appropriate tools (such as JIRA Confluence and Visio) and industry accepted methodologies;
- Highly developed skills in computer literacy, particularly MS suite such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Ability to achieve successful outcomes through collaborative and cooperative means;
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, providing support and guidance to fellow team members;
- The ability to interact appropriately with departmental officers, vendor personnel and fellow team members;
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of the project, its environment and related issues;
- Be a self-starter and take initiative;