- Gateshead West location
- NSW Government interview
- Initial 4 month contract
The role will provide a full range of asset services to a group of schools and include delivery of capital works projects and all aspects of facilities management.
- Be a single point of contact to provide advice and deal with facilities management issues as they arise to ensure facilities and infrastructure remain operational.
- Provide accurate and reliable advice to management and prepare funding proposals and draft briefings
- Coordinate timely responses following emergencies such as fire, flood and storm damage and arrange temporary accommodation as required.
- Develop and manage sound working relationships with Schools key stakeholders including community groups to facilitate asset service delivery across the portfolio.
- Prepare all required documentation including project briefs, status reports, financial information and record keeping relating to the delivery of capital and facilities management projects in schools.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Provide a point of contact for Principals for all capital works and facilities management enquiries for identified facilities.
- Work with Principals to develop lease and licence agreements for other users such as children’s services, markets and sports fields, including providing advice to stakeholders on the process for procuring service providers.
- Liaise with consultants, contractors and other asset management staff engaged in the development, design and construction phases of projects and monitor and report on project progress. Includes involvement in the development of technical specifications and layouts for individual minor capital and facilities management projects.
- Monitor project compliance with relevant guidelines such as Building Code of Australia and WH&S legislation.
- Undertake analysis of financial position of minor capital and facilities management programs and recommend any corrective actions to AMD’s Finance Manager and AMU Director.