- Dublin 2 location
- Worldwide, exciting tech company
- Fantastic package including €80k - €90k base + health + pension + free lunch!
Our client is a global, industry leading tech company that has gone from strength to strength the last few years. Due to this growth, they are hiring numerous roles within the business, one of which is the Data Center Operations Leader!
You will be responsible for leading and growing their Mobile Data Centers. This individual will be responsible for the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Data Centers, having responsibility for architecture, configuration, deployment and maintenance and to also to ensure high-quality tier-3 end user support, scheduling of maintenance, security, monitoring and disaster recovery.
- Own the day to day operations of the data centers in Dublin, USA and rest of the globe. Ensuring their smooth function. Keeping it secured & optimized
- Contribute to the development and implementation of processes which support efficient equipment installations (servers, switches, routers and storage hardware), timely equipment repair and upgrades, rapid troubleshooting of issues with hardware and Linux OS and tracking issues, reporting and managing key metrics
- Assist the manager/director to manage a DC operations team responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of mobile, and server hardware and supporting infrastructure at scale across multiple locations
- Create and optimize local processes and standards, drive automation, improve quality and efficiencies
- Work in close coordination with the Engineering and Product teams globally
- Assist in troubleshooting network, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
- Manage hardware capacity and procurement
- Manage vendor / contractor relationships
- Find creative ways to optimize operating costs and keep track of budgets
Skills & Experienced required:
- Around 5-6 minimum years of relevant experience of working on infrastructure based projects
- Good experience in adapting new technologies as per the needs of business. You should be excited about new innovations in IT-Infrastructure domain
- Hands-on experience with network, cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies and wifi technologies
- Good understanding of data center power and cooling infra
- Total understanding modern systems, network platforms and what is necessary for physical layer inter-connectivity
- Good to have: Sound knowledge of security technology and processes, intrusion prevention, vulnerability management etc.
- Proven experience in execution and implementation of major long-term IT strategies and plans, ensuring their compliance with architectural standards and established policies
- Experience of dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
- Experienced in vendor management and negotiations
- Ideally you will have experience in leading a small team, or be confident enough to do so
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, hands-on, start up environment
- Open to travel
From here, a unique and challenging role awaits with a serious global player. Click APPLY to be immediately considered!