- Paramatta location
- 12 month contract
- $65 - 75 Super per hour pending experience.
To provide technical expertise, advice and project management for the delivery of property environment projects and initiatives,that meet compliance and regulatory requirements and deliver the maximum return to the business.
Outline of the role:
• Manage the delivery of property environmental projects relating to contaminated land management (CLM), hazardous building materials (HBM), demolition of decommissioned assets and illegal dumping, encompassing the entire project management cycle
• Develop and manage Project Management Plans (PMP) with clear targets, objectives, KPl's, scope of work, milestones, risks, controls, costs and deliverables which meet the business needs and ensure the effective delivery of the project
• Ensure business case and contract variations are identified, registered, validated, tracked and approved.
• Report on project status including KPl's, cost, schedule, risk, safety and any variations
• Review, analyse and report on environmental consultant technical reports and scientific expert reports
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal stakeholders to provide strategic property/CLM/HBM advice.
• Provide support in the establishment contractor panels and follow the management strategy for consultant/
• Instruct, engage and manage consultants and contractors on the businesses projects
• Undertake environmental due diligence assessments to proposed acquisitions, disposals, POP, leasing and delivery partners
• Provide environmental/technical advice in relation to CLM, HBM, demolition of decommissioned assets and illegal dumps including preparing technical scopes and providing commercial advice to assist with cost saving and reducing risk
• Maintain expert knowledge and understanding of contaminated land legislation.
How to Apply:
Click "Apply now" or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org (Word document format for CV's)
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Possesses a technical understanding of the investigation, management and remediation of contaminated sites; Hazardous Building Materials (HBM) investigation, remediation and management; Environmental Management Systems and environmental legislation
• Demonstrates awareness of applicable property and environmental laws, legislations, regulatory and internal policies and controls affecting property transactions and property management undertaken
• Prepare clear project proposals and define scope and goals in measurable terms
• Establish performance outcomes and measures for key project goals, and define monitoring, reporting and communication requirements
• Prepare accurate estimates of costs and resources required for more complex projects
• Communicate the project strategy and its expected benefits to others
• Monitor the completion of project milestones against goals and initiate amendments where necessary
• Evaluate progress and identify improvements to inform future projects
• Reviews work of others and provides comments and advice to ensure documents contain necessary information and meet audience needs
• Relevant degree qualification (e.g. environmental science, environmental management, engineering, occupational hygiene) or experience deemed equivalent.
• Environment Institute of Australia and New Zealand’s (EIANZ) Contaminated Land Assessment Specialist Certified Environmental Practitioner (CLA Specialist CEnvP) is a must.
• Licensed Asbestos Assessor (LAA) is advantagous but not requuired.
• Project management knowledge and expertise
• Advanced knowledge on legislative and compliance requirements (Hazardous Building Materials, CLM Act, WHS Act, POEO Act)
• 5+ years’ experience working with the investigation, management and remediation of CLM.