Primary purpose of the role
The primary purpose of the role is to provide community relations services to support the objectives of the project. The role will act as the main contact for members of the community providing advice and support on available feedback channels to ensure community needs are heard and met. This role is very much community focussed and requires someone with infrastructure experience, and strong verbal and written skills.
· Undertake community relations services to support the delivery of the Project and its objectives
· Undertake a range of communication activities, including property acquisition, letterboxing and doorknocking activities to support Communication and Engagement requirements associated with the projects
· Provide a point of contact for members of the community, particularly those potentially directly affected by proposed project activities, including construction and property acquisition, to ensure they are aware of opportunities to provide feedback on the Project
· Identify potential community relations issues associated with the project and develop coordinated responses from within the wider project team to minimise risks to project delivery
· Assist the wider project team to keep abreast of current issues, trends, community views and commentary to understand community perspective and to ensure responsiveness to needs
· Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. media, communications, public relations) or equivalent experience (more than five years)
· At times this role will be required to work outside normal working hours, including the occasional weekend as required– time in lieu will be provided to staff who work out-of-hours
· Staff will need to undertake compulsory Personal Manager training with the Centre for Property Acquisition.