An excellent opportunity has opened for an experienced Cyber Security Specialist/Engineer to join a large NSW Government Agency.
- Daily rate up to $900 per day including super
- Contract initially until 30/06/21 potential to be extended
- NSW Government large agency
- Asap start
- Based in West Sydney
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in dealing with and responding to cyber security-related queries and/or incidents
- Experience with day to day Windows server management
- Proactively identify, diagnose and resolve security related issues
- Scripting and Automation, preferably using PowerShell especially in the investigating and reporting of ICT logs
- Deep understanding of core security systems such as Firewalls, core switches, Email security appliances, AV products etc.
- Experience in Splunk is a bonus
- Experience in supporting projects in technical capacity in improving security maturity level of an organisation is preferable, but not essential
- Demonstrated experience in multidisciplinary System Administration tasks, including Windows and Linux Servers, Routers, Switches, Firewalls
- In-depth understanding of ICT Security, specifically Vulnerability Management of ICT systems
- Understanding of NSW Cyber security policies & procedures
- Clear understanding of ACSC essential eight security components and performing tasks such as reporting on IOCs
- Understanding of change management methodologies to apply changes to mission critical production environment.
- Public sector experience highly desirable.
If interested and you meet the essential criteria please apply via the link today.