Join a large Government agency on a contract managing a website and improving and developing content.
- The position works within a small team of 4 people within the Engagement, Education and Programs Division.
- The position will work with the Senior Project Officer to oversee content on the new whole of government website
- The position will be responsible for managing the website, and continuing to improve and develop content.
- The website was completely rewritten and launched in November 2020. It still needs a deal of content to be written or tweaked. The position will be responsible for that
- It also needs to pivot to a more visual website. The position will be responsible for planning and developing new videos, diagrams and other material that makes asbestos information easy to use. The position will work with specialist communicators
- There has been an initial evaluation of the website response in February and there are pointers to continuing improvements that will need to be implemented.
- The website is designed according the NSW Government Digital Design system and is built in Drupal. The position is not responsible for any coding, but merely management. It is possible that the position will need to work with website developers to make improvements and design changes, though.
- In addition to this work, the Priority Programs team has other communication projects underway and also manages other programs reducing the impact of lead on human health.
- The position will be given other tasks to support the communication work of the team.
- Good web writing experience – able to take technical information and make it accessible and understandable
- Good web content experience – able to develop/commission written and visual elements
- Experience implementing WCAG accessibility requirements on digital platforms
- Marketing experience would be an asset.
- Broader communication experience would be an asset as well as web management.
- In other words, we will use whatever additional experience candidates have.