- Location: Parramatta
- Contract: 12 months
- Pay Rate: $300- $500/day + Super (Depending on experience)
Primary purpose of the role
The Asset Officer contributes to the development and monitoring of the asset management program by developing, maintaining, analysing and reporting from the various asset information systems as well as providing technical support to the Greater Sydney Asset Management team.
The role will also be responsible to ensure that Greater Sydney Assets complies with the management system and achieves the objectives of the Government Agency’s pertinent to the outcomes associated with asset information management.
- Maintain, audit and update data and graphics, and provide accurate and timely information for planning and project development, to ensure the integrity of regional and corporate databases (which include inventory, road referencing, engineering history, condition and benchmarking information).
- Greater Sydney Roads Mailbox management and triage for asset review and assessment
- Provide assessment reports and analysis to assist in rational project selection, and asset and network performance evaluation.
- Provide modelling, develop local databases, spreadsheets, maps and graphics on asset condition and asset inventory to enable the development of works programs, maintenance strategies and the forward plan.
- Ensure the integrity and compliance with contract specifications for data collection contracts, including auditing and benchmarking data to enable the development of an informed asset management program.
- Provide technical support to the Asset Managers and asset section to ensure project and strategic objectives and outcomes are met.
- Liaise with external agencies to reach agreement on the conditions for access to government agency’s assets that will provide safe road conditions for the community and ensure impacts on the road corridor are minimised.
- Maintaining accurate asset data to assist in program and project development.
- Planning and undertaking field work on the road network to safely collect or verify road inventory and condition data.
- Working with large volumes of asset data, and converting the data into useable information for the asset team and other stakeholders.
- Prioritization of conflicting projects and ability to adapt quickly to rapid change
- High volumes of email management in group dropbox and ability to identify engineering disciplines from proponents for swift action and response
- Knowledge in road maintenance or asset management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the Windows environment, databases and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and relevant management/information systems and data used in maintenance planning to analyse data, evaluate outputs and prepare reports.
- Proven ability to demonstrate data quality analysis and deep understanding of Data Governance best practice principles
- Superior MS Excel capability (MS Access Data Base – Desirable)
How to Apply
Click APPLY NOW and send your CV in Word Document format to Dervla who is recruiting for this role.
Due to ASAP start we will submit CV's as they come in. The cut off for this role will be 5pm Friday.