Join a leading finance organisation in their Technology Delivery team in Melbourne CBD
The primary focus of the Release and Implementation Manager role is to ensure the successful delivery of software changes into production. Software releases typically comprise of multiple independent projects, enhancements, and production support fixes. The Release and Implementation Manager needs to stay across the scope of each of the changes targeted for a given release and ensure that key readiness milestones are achieved. The role will work closely with the Project Managers, Portfolio Managers, Business, and Technical resources working on each of the changes to elicit the required inputs required to prepare the implementation runsheets.
To be successful in this role, the applicant should have excellent time management and prioritisation skills as they will often be working on activities covering multiple release at varying delivery points in parallel.
The main focus areas of the role include:
- Engage Business and Technology stakeholders to understand the scope of change for a given release
- Work with technology and business teams to establish and execute implementation plans
- Plan and coordinate the technical dress rehearsals
- Prepare for and facilitate go/no-go meetings with Business and Technology stakeholders
- Assess the dependencies within the platform ensuring that appropriate controls are in place for a successful implementation.
- Coordinate the runsheet implementation on release days and ensure we remain compliant with IT change management guidelines
- Represent in Change Approval Board (CAB) meetings
- Engaging with the Enterprise Release team to register into relevant releases
- Ensure our IT changes follows required IT Change Management processes and manage associated governance
- Minimum 5 years experience managing implementation of critical IT platforms
- Experience in managing releases within the financial services industry
- Applicants should have practical experience implementing technology change, with a strong understanding of the current processes and tools required to support system implementations in a DevOps environment.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills