Start Date: ASAP - 30.06.22
Pay: $560 per day + Super
Location: Dubbo and Orange (Some travel required within the area)
Checks: 2x References, WWCC, Police Check, Drivers Licence.
Primary purpose of the role
- The role will provide supervision to a small team of Asset Service Officers and provide advice on all aspects of asset service delivery.
- The role will provide a full range of asset services to a group of schools and include delivery of capital works projects and all aspects of facilities management.
- Be a single point of contact to provide advice and deal with facilities management issues as they arise to ensure facilities and infrastructure remain operational.
- Provide accurate and reliable advice to management and prepare funding proposals and draft briefings
- Coordinate timely responses following emergencies such as fire, flood and storm damage and arrange temporary accommodation as required.
- Provide leadership to a group of Asset Service Officers for the delivery of capital works and facilities management projects in schools within the AMU area.
- Liaise and negotiate with Principals, College Managers and contractors to develop project briefs and deliver capital works and facilities management for Schools within the AMU area.
- Monitor the development of design documentation including technical specifications and layouts to enable capital works and facilities management projects to be undertaken for Schools and Colleges.
- Provide input and accurate advice to management in relation to the preparation of draft ministerial correspondence, briefings and information requests.
- Support Program and Project Directors as required during the planning and delivery of major capital works projects
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Principals, school communities, consultants and contractors to ensure effective communication on all aspects of service delivery and issues management and in the development of solutions to building and facilities management issues.
- Supervise and guide the work of Asset Services Officers including support, participating in and reviewing performance management and professional development plans for individual staff.
- Provide advice and support to Asset Services Officers in relation to the development of lease and licence agreements for other users including children’s services, markets and sports fields.
The person in this role is required to:
- Provide effective supervision to staff to ensure a consistent level of service is provided to stakeholders
- Maintain a high standard of quality service and advice to clients, manage tight deadlines, and deliver capital works and facilities management over a large number of sites.
- Professionally deal with contentious asset related issues to achieve the best outcome for students, staff and the Department.
- Previous experience in liaising with consultants, contractors, schools and other asset management staff to enable design, tender and construction phases of projects.
- Proven experience in the delivery of projects in schools.
- Drivers licence is a must.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Department’s Aboriginal Education and Training policies.
How to Apply:
Click Apply Now and send your CV to Dervla who is recruiting for this role.
Send your ASAP as they will be submitted as they come in.