Public Sector Professional & Technical
Primary purpose of the role
Undertake lease management activities and advice to support accommodation and leasing operations for agency clients, including the negotiation, recommendation and formal completion of property leasing transactions for an assigned portfolio of key PNSW assets. The role represents government agencies for Freehold properties as lessor, head-lessor and/or lessee through the full cycle of an agency’s accommodation requirements or ongoing management of freehold property. Coordinate asset management functions for an assigned portfolio.
• Maintain and administer an asset portfolio, that is owned, leased and subleased by government , managing processes for utilisation, rental costs, arrears, vacancies, critical dates, standard lease take up, endorsed sustainability initiatives, green lease implementation
• Work closely with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver fit for purpose real estate solutions whilst considering cost, opportunity and risk
• Critically review client agency requests and requirements to ensure their needs and the requirements of PNSW as asset manager are appropriately balanced
• Maintain and process accurate records for budgets, valuations and capital planning for assets including asset plans, sales proposals and maintenance programs as required
• Initiate planned client accommodation discussions at least two years ahead of critical event dates within the leased portfolio so that all significant leases, existing and new, are executed with due consideration of cost, risk, business continuity, in line with strategy and within budget
• Participate in and contribute to negotiations for leases and significant market rent reviews, coordinate complex lease contracts with internal and external legal counsel, and manage transactions to lease execution or completion including ensuring satisfactory client invoicing and payment
• Work with Service Providers, providing guidance and feedback, and escalate issues as appropriate to ensure the agreed services are provided, including timely and accurate payment of all vendors/billing of agencies to minimise arrears, complete property budgets, lease administration, maintain documents and reports of the execution of all works, condition audits, property asset plans and reports
• Contribute to the review and provide input and feedback on current processes and procedures and participate in working groups to implement improvements
Key knowledge and experience
• Demonstrable experience in commercial CRE or landlord property/leasing and asset management
• Tertiary qualifications in a property or related discipline and/or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
How to Apply:
Click "APPLY NOW" and send your CV in Word document format to Dervla who is recruiting this role.
Due to the immediate start please send your CV now so as not to miss the cut off.