Public Sector Professional & Technical
Rate: $61 hourly + super,
6 month contract, (likely to be extended)
• Research, develop, implement and maintain best practice procurement policy, procedures, work instructions and standards to effectively support business procurement needs and meet all legislative and regulatory compliance requirements.
• Engage and work with key stakeholders to undertake analysis of organisational procurement activity and supply markets to identify opportunities to inform procurement decisions and develop specific procurement strategies that deliver value for money.
• Proactively identify and address procurement risks and mitigation strategies (legislative, political health and safety, financial, commercial and contractual) to meet organisational compliance obligations. Provide advice and support for stakeholders in preparing all types of tender documents (RFQ, RFP, RFT) and evaluation plans.
• Contribute to and assist in negotiations of state wide purchase of services from providers. This includes consultation with providers, consumers, Local, State and Commonwealth government agencies and regional/State peak organisations.
• Develop a thorough understanding of internal policies, regulations and guidelines on contracting and service procurement to ensure good practice and regulatory requirements are followed and providers and clients are treated fairly.
• Works with some supervision carrying a level of autonomy in setting own priorities in alignment with management.
• Maintains a degree of independence to develop a suitable approach in managing its workload and provision of advice and recommendations
• Responsible for determining own actions undertaken, within government and legislative policies, and for ensuring quality control in the implementation of own workload.
• Ensures recommendations are based on sound evidence, and at times may be required to use their judgment under pressure or in the absence of complete information or as a source of expert advice to both internal and external stakeholders.
• As necessary, consults with manager or senior staff on a suitable course of action in matters that are sensitive, high-risk or business-critical, or for those issues that have far reaching implications with respect to resources or quality advice provision.
How to Apply:
Click Apply now and send your CV in word document format to Dervla who is recruiting for this role.
Due to ASAP start CV's will be submitted as they come in, send your CV now to be considered.