Public Sector IT Categories
Program Master Scheduler
Pay rate: $1000 per day plus super
Contract: 12 months
Start date: ASAP
CBD and WFH
About the role:
This role will enable programs to effectively translate business case outcomes into a logically sequenced and dependency driven document that can be relied on by all stakeholders as the source of truth for program activities. The Program Master Scheduler will provide schedule management, essential insights and progress reporting to ensure predictable outcomes and assist in program optimisation including effective resource management and critical path monitoring.
• Work with program team members to build out the necessary minimum standards to enable integrated program and portfolio scheduling, dependency management, and executive reporting with a specific focus on lead indicators.
• Provide quality assurance to ensure adherence to the minimum standards and standardisation across the program and portfolio.
• Challenge underlying assumptions behind program schedules to ensure they reflect tangible outcomes, align with agreed acceptance criteria and are realistic.
• Provide onboarding, ongoing training and support to program and project managers, ensuring any scheduling related capability gaps are identified and quickly addressed.
• Work with the Portfolio Delivery team to ensure interdependencies for the successful delivery of outcomes and benefits are identified, liaising with various stakeholders to gather accurate information in a timely manner.
• Identify the critical path and associated risks/variance, and drive the proactive development of contingency options, surfacing any critical and emerging delivery risks and potential implications to the Portfolio Delivery team as required.
• Capture resource data including net capacity and demand, identification of unfulfilled skill gaps, resource contention and over-allocations and the impact on resourcing of delays in projects.
• Drive a forward view of critical phases and milestones, inclusive of go-lives, deliverables, governance and set up activity.
• Support the Program Leadership Team by providing high quality reporting for key forums including Steering Committee, Group Executive Team and Board level reporting.
A minimum of 10 years experience in a project/program management environment across various delivery methodologies.
• Extensive experience in project scheduling tools such as PPM Clarity, MS Project, Project Server, Primavera.
• Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office 365 suite and Atlassian tool set.
• Qualification and/or accreditation in Project Scheduling and/or Project Management (Prince2, PMBOK).
If interested please apply today via the link with your updated resume in a Word Document to Melissa Allison at The Recruitment Company
Public Sector IT Categories