- Remote working from Ireland
- Fast moving startup environment
- €70k - €120k + benefits (multiple roles)
Our client is a leading and innovative startup that already has operations globally in several worldwide locations. Due to increased investment in the business, along with an increased customer base, they are seeking to expand their DevOps team (currently 5), with a couple of junior, mid level and senior resources.
In this role you will be apart of a team that will build and operate their CI\CD platforms that help their engineering team develop and release features with constant predictable flow. The DevOps scope extends into the realm of the day-to-day network management. They build tools to streamline processes, which accelerates their capabilities as the business scales.
In the role you might be tasked with:
- Design, build, and run systems behind the Marco Polo Network
- Create an ecosystem of tools that help developers be at their best
- Plan for the growth of Marco Polo Network’s infrastructure
- Implement more effective ways of supporting our clients and team
- Find innovative ways to overcome complex technical challenges
- Reporting the right things in the right way at the right time
- Acting as a gatekeeper you will work in a way that protects our people, systems and complies with our InfoSec and security policies and procedures
- Continuously improve how we get things done; recommend and implement better faster more effective ways of supporting our clients and team
- Effectively execute any special projects or ad-hoc tasks as assigned
Technical skills you'll need include:
- Containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift)
- Programming language (Golang, Python)
- Scripting language (Bash, Powershell, Groovy)
- Databases (PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch)
- Kubernetes (CRDs, Operators)
- Observability tools (Prometheus, Kibana, Opentracing, Grafana)
- Data pipelines (Spark, Kafka, Azure Datalakes)
- Networking (Istio, Kong, Nginx etc)
- Cloud (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- A programming background and an experience writing tools for engineers, both in development and operations.
- Experience developing, maintaining and debugging distributed systems
- Experience building and running cloud infrastructure
- Experience optimizing the reliability and security of distributed systems
- Experience scaling and migrating systems in a changing environment that allows for little to no downtime
- Experience with blockchain or distributed ledger technologies
- Experience creating and maintaining data pipelines
Some of the equally important soft skills include:
- An excitement to learn new things
- A desire to solve difficult problems
- Highly proactive and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and get things done
- A strong desire to exceed client expectation’s (internal & external) is a must
- An entrepreneurial and adaptable approach is a pre-requisite
In this position you'll work with an extremely passionate and knowledgeable team and manager where you will be given a lot of responsibility and ownership while also learning and advancing your career.
Please click APPLY to be immediately considered!