- Leading Global IT Company
- South Dublin Based
- Competitive Salary +Benefits
Infrastructure Consulting practice in the Irish marketplace with a Cisco. The ideal candidate would be comfortable working at consultancy-level on the management and configuration of Cisco Products.
The candidate will be required to work as part of a multi-skilled Infrastructure consulting team working on chargeable projects, so should be open to learning new technologies, and should be prepared to work for multiple clients on a variety of infrastructure projects. Also should have a chargeable, professional services / consulting, client-facing background.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and deploys routing, switching, and wireless technologies (primarily Cisco) in lead engineer role
- Implements overall solution for clients, including development of designs, documentation, and plans.
- Works with clients to perform assessments, health checks, performance tests, and capacity planning.
- Provides knowledge transfer, training, and documentation to clients upon project completion.
- Maintains current and thorough knowledge of Cisco routing, switching (including Nexus) and Wi-FI technologies.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of enterprise class platforms is a requirement as well as a variety of other hardware platforms particularly converged systems.
- Assists in opportunity evaluation and leading or assisting on pursuits at new clients or within existing ones.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of companies through performing behaviours consistent with the organisation's values.
- Provide support to clients on Cisco environments.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Should have a minimum of CCNP with a plan to go CCIE.
- It would be essential for the candidate to have vendor related training in related field.
- It would be desireable for the candidate to have a Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
One or more of following Cisco certifications:
- Cisco Certified Netowrk Associate (CCNA Routing and Switching)
- Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCNP Security)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP Routing and Switching)
- Cisco Certified Wireless Professional (CCNP Wireless)
- Cisco technical experience including design, implementation and support of Cisco Network solutions including:
- Consulting background focused on Cisco solutions.
- Experience with Cisco ISR/ASR routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches and wireless controllers.
- Experience with Security products, Firewalls, IPS/IDS.
- Experience with design and implementation of Cisco UCS solutions advantageous.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies/marketplace. Private Cloud & Hybrid Cloud
- Experience of large-scale enterprise support utilising industry best practices and mature processes
- Experience of latest generation compute technology
- Implementing Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity solutions
- Data center operational knowledge
- Desireable would be to have experience of Windows/Linux systems administration (OS, network, storage, application support); Network and SAN connectivity including TCP/IP, FC, MPIO, etc.
- Ideally should have a chargeable professional services / consulting, client-facing background.
Own car & full drivers license essential
To be immediately considered Apply here.