- 3 year day rate contract!
- Jan 2020 start date
- €350 per day
A very rare long term contract opportunity has arisen for a Wintel Engineer to join a new team in a leading national government organization. A large infrastructure refresh is on the cards commencing in January, and a 3 year contract is on offer from the outset.
- Liaise with the relevant ICT technical Resources/ stakeholders to define the technical requirements, collaborate with the relevant parties involved and design the supporting ICT framework environment, taking account of the interdependencies for the solution proposed across the whole infrastructure (Server, SAN and Networks).
- Adhere to a given set of constraints specified at the outset of the design process
- Provide DevOps input to allow the Build Team to identify interdependencies and co-ordinate the optimised infrastructure architecture
- Act as a subject matter expert focused on designing applications within a service-orientated architecture and address technical concerns raised by other teams within ICT
- Support the Build Team with developing application architecture principles, creating models of data within the applications that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture, creating diagrams showing key application entities, and creating an inventory of the applications and associated APIs needed to implement the architecture vision
- Oversee programmes assigned by AGS ICT Managers (e.g. code reviews) and provide guidance and mentoring to other Build Team members
- Ensure that the Build Team deploys key operating systems (Windows and Linux etc.) and databases (SQL, MySQL etc.) in line with best security practices (Zero Trust etc.
- Provide guidance to the Build Team on available technologies (such as Java/J2EE, SQL, SAP, Oracle and C#), performance and licensing
- Assess system requirements in order to setup and maintain computer networks, both internally and externally for organisations and end users.
Skills & Experience required:
- Assisting in the design and building of Wintel Server-based environments, both physical and virtual
- Optimising the performance of Wintel Server-based architecture and a variety of storage infrastructures.
- Maintaining complex Active Directory forests via group policies etc.
- Delivering cross platform solutions (Wintel & Linux Integrations)
- Managing environmental dependencies across hardware and software providers such as Dell, HP, and VMware
- Microsoft and/or VMware certification required
Please click APPLY now to be immediately considered!
DON'T DELAY APPLY TODAY!