The successful candidate will coordinate business activities and services of the agency including the development of business and reporting systems and procedures relating to projects, investment, finance, human resources and administrative services and implementation of efficient and effective operational processes to achieve government and agencies priorities and undertake activities to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies.
- Research, analyse and implement current business processes and practices to identify efficiency improvements and ensure operations deliver the most effective and efficient business outcomes.
- Coordinate the development, integration and application of reporting protocols to meet the agencies, State and Commonwealth government requirements, including investment reporting, annual reporting, statutory and central agency reports.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of business and financial management processes and procedures.
- Prepare budgets, monitor, analyse and report on financial performance.
- Assist in the preparation of annual statutory accounts including statements of financial position, financial performance and annual cash flows, to meet the requirements of the Public Finance and Audit Act and accounting standards and pronouncements.
- Develop and implement strategies to minimise business process inefficiencies and drive process improvements and provide regular complex and detailed reports and briefs to Managers.
- Manage project and program budgets and resources and establish and implement work plans as well as develop and deploy multi-disciplinary project groups to ensure potential is optimised, time constraints are met and work undertaken is commensurate with priorities and standards.
- Providing appropriately balanced analysis, reports and recommendations on business and financial processes and guidelines and ensure they are consistent with agreed priorities, plans and standards
- Developing and implementing complex policies and guidelines to ensure that decisions made and activities undertaken comply with relevant legislation, Government, Corporate and the agencies priorities
- Balancing a range of competing and conflicting priorities and initiatives in a high volume and politically sensitive working environment and developing and implementing policies and practices to minimise risks to the agency with regard to business processes and activities, while providing leadership of the delivery of integrated services in a complex team and business environment
- Good working knowledge and awareness of NSW Public Sector investment, financial and human resource legislation, regulations, processes and services.
- Relevant tertiary education required
- Current NSW Driver Licence and the ability and willingness to travel