- Dublin 2 Location - close to Luas + on-site parking
- Global business - insurance industry
- €45k - €50k base + health + pension + bonus + free lunch & more!!
Our client is a global, well renowned business been in operation for almost 30 years. The infrastructure team is based here in Dublin, supporting the global business, and they are looking for a L2 resource to join the team to work on day to day support of the user base, as well as supporting the datacenter infrastructure. There is an infrastructure team of 10 whom are local to Dublin, each specialists in various technologies, and hence there is a great opportunity to get hands on learning directly from your senior colleagues in the team. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced, technical and dynamic environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitoring and supporting the Global data centre infrastructure environment to ensure systems are operating to an optimal standard.
- Support of company office 365 deployment, user support and migration.
- Liaising with third parties and data centre security to manage the change control process around data centre access.
- Installing, configuring and supporting mobile devices such as tablets, cell phones, laptops and other devices.
- Participating in the day-to-day installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of IT managed systems.
- Creating, enabling and disabling Active Directory user accounts and/or privileges upon request, on-boarding and off-boarding users.
- Assisting with ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimisation, in accordance with corporate global standards.
- Automating PC and laptop deployment and monitoring tasks using standard tools.
- Managing daily backup operations to ensure effective operation of the global CommVault backup system; to include tape changes and the secure handling of data recorded media.
- Working with IT Security staff to ensure all relevant policies are adhered to, Assist Security team with Vulnerability management and patching
- Responding to security related incidents and assisting the wider Service Desk team with scheduled system patching.
- Contributing to ongoing improvements within the IT support environment.
- Maintaining operational, configuration and other procedural documentation.
- Providing out of hours support and assistance as required
Skills & Experience required:
- 3+ years’ experience supporting a multi-vendor environment including Microsoft and VMware
- Ability to work within teams based across multiple time zones
- Experience with and understanding of fundamental network technologies (DHCP, DNS, VPN, NAT, etc.)
- Solid experience and proven track record in Server hardware support
- Experience with various data centre technologies including VMware, Microsoft Server Products 2008 – 2016 etc
- Windows Desktop automation and deployment, Windows 10 L2 Support
- PowerShell experience and advantage , a keen interest in automation and process improvement
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills, able to work on own initiative
- Experience with managing and working with Network Monitoring products would be nice to have
From here, a fantastic opportunity awaits with a company that is committed to investing in the career advancement of their employees. Training and opportunities to do certifications is on offer, as well as great promotional opportunities to more senior roles!
Please click APPLY now to be immediately considered!