- South County Dublin
- Customer Facing, Design & implementation work
- €65k - €75k base + health + pension
Our client is a leading IT Solutions Company with their Irish offices based in South Dublin. Due to growth in the business and a huge pipeline of work on the horizon, they are looking to add another Senior Consultant to the team with expertise in AIX.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable working at consultancy-level on the design, build, configuration and management of IBM PowerVM and AIX, Linux, but also ideally have had working knowledge of other Unix flavours. Ideally you will also have experience of implementing backup and recovery solutions, particularly on IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) and/or Commvault would be of interest. A good knowledge and hands-on experience of enterprise class storage platforms is a requirement as well as a variety of other hardware platforms particularly blade systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works directly with client to gather requirements, design solutions, build proof of concepts and implement solutions.
- Designs and deploys technically advanced solutions including cloud based services, storage, server consolidation, high availability, consolidated backup, and disaster recovery.
- Architects, develops, and manages implementation of complex server & storage solutions for enterprise clients.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of enterprise class platforms is a requirement as well as a variety of other hardware platforms particularly converged systems.
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations and company values
Skills & Experience Required:
- Must have a chargeable professional services / consulting, client-facing background.
- The candidate should have strong knowledge and skills across the IBM and/or HP and/or NetApp product range.
- The candidate should have exposure to VMware or IBM PowerVM. Openstack would be a strong advantage.
- IBM PowerVM with VIO Servers, IBM PowerHA Clustering IBM HMC
- Experience of large-scale enterprise support utilising industry best practices and mature processes
- SAN Implementation, Administration, Design & Optimization (storage pooling, fibre channels, etc.); virtualization experience preferred in large-scale environments.
IBM/HP/NetApp experience is highly desirable.
- General Server & Storage Migrations
- Implementing Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity solutions
- Desireable would be to have experience of Windows/Linux systems administration (OS, network, storage, application support
From here a great long term career opportunity awaits with an employer of choice. Please click APPLY to be immediately considered!