Primary purpose of the role
Manage the high level delivery relationships and partnerships with regulatory agencies and other key service delivery partners ensuring their optimal engagement and contribution; assist with transition of services associated with these relationships; embed formal arrangements with other agencies, ensuring compliance with best practice standards, relevant public sector policies and statutory requirements.
- Manage relevant relationships and partnerships with other agencies to facilitate the exchange of intelligence, information sharing and knowledge capacity building.
- Adhere to appropriate governance frameworks with key service delivery partners to provide assurance that regulatory obligations are maintained through all delivery channels; ensuring compliance with relevant policy and best practice standards.
- Monitor relevant partnership agreements to ensure services delivered or provided represent value for money.
- Assist with the transition of services to other agencies or delivery partners and ensure effective MOU/SLA are developed and in place, staff transition, ongoing operations and services are managed and performance reported and discussed;
- Ensure resolution of significant or controversial issues, working across the operational branches of the Division and other Divisions as required.
- Providing timely, high quality advice to the Directors, Executive Director, CE and/or the Minister on relevant issues.
- Represent the department at meetings and working groups to advise on regulatory services position and issues.
- Providing advice on contentious issues often within tight response times and managing issues through to a decision liaising with stakeholders before and after that decision is made.
- Working on several projects at once and exercise flexibility in coordinating simultaneous projects and issues with changing parameters.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications or demonstrated, relevant, equivalent professional experience.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the statutory and regulatory framework that underpins quality regulatory services.
- Government experience is vital in this role.