Location: Coffs Harbour
Contract: 3 months
Rate: $50.16 per hour + Super
The Safety Partner is responsible for the provision of work health and safety knowledge and advice services to portfolio clients, using their work health and safety knowledge and skills to maintain a safe workplace, add value to business units and achieve performance in accordance with business and workforce performance expectations.
• Drive a safety culture that will positively influence morale and achieve a safe and healthy work environment within the Government agency, ensuring continuous effective service delivery within a performance based, innovative, responsive and accountable customer focused work culture.
• Coach and coordinate work health and safety practices and processes, in consultation with the Team Leader Safety Partners.
• Assist the development, implementation and review of the government agency work health and safety management systems and compliance which supports effective work health and safety and delivers genuine, practical and measureable safety improvements; and proactively promoting and influencing a safety culture across the organisation.
• Coach, advise and direct business units and managers on work health and safety processes, practices and responsibilities including systems and ways to identify and monitor safety building work health and safety capability in business unit managers and staff.
• Eliminate and/or control risks, reduce injury and illness and improve work health and safety performance managing issues to achieve the expected performance, benefits and value;includes monitoring accidents and incidents and develop pro-active approaches to minimise risks and improve performance.
• Establish and maintain effective business partnerships through customer engagement with both internal and external stakeholders, including SafeWork NSW and industrial associations; including developing skills and effectiveness of HSR and consultative committees.
• Work with managers to conduct reporting on work health and safety issues, reviewing trends, measures and outcomes.
• Participate in the preparation, and conduct where necessary, of workplace safety audits, risk assessments and investigations particularly in the area of work health and safety management and practice.
1. Experience in work health and safety management with a behavioural safety focus in a large diverse service industry organisation. This includes knowledge of current work health and safety legislation, regulations and code of practice, which at present includes: Work Health and Safety Act 2011 Work Health and Safety Regulation 2017 and Codes of Practice.
2. Demonstrated experience contributing to the development and implementation of work health and safety management and compliance frameworks, including developing policies, systems, processes, auditing and monitoring of program.
3. Proven effectiveness in coaching and developing capability of staff and managers, particularly in the area of workplace safety and a safety culture, by fostering a performance based and customer focussed work culture.
4. Demonstrated organisational skills and experience working in a high volume and demanding professional environment with a capacity to prioritise competing demands and achieve results within a customer focused approach.
5. Proven capacity to implement work health and safety initiatives including the capacity to plan, manage change, improve performance and project manage.
6. Sound analytical skills including the ability to analyse and interpret information, prepare written reports, deal with challenges creatively and achieve business workplace safety solutions.
7. Proven engagement, collaboration and negotiation skills, with the capacity to build, maintain and use.
8. Qualifications: preferably tertiary or post graduate qualifications in safety, essential Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click apply now and send your CV in word document format.