Senior Software Engineer- Java
Experience of 8 to 10 years of experience core Java development
- Leading Financial Institution
- Core Java based trading platform
- Long term dail rate rolling contract
Large established finance company - Sydney CBD
Grow your career and be mentored by exceptional technical consultants
Unique, finance product taking the market by storm
Build and maintain applications to integrate with the new Share Trading, Clearing & Settlement system. The applications will integrate participants, generates reports, and integrate to existing systems.
Ensure system availability, reliability, stability, performance, and recoverability of applications.
Working with a cross functional scrum team to delivery integration and reporting backlog
- Java 8, Spring-boot
- Akka, Kafka, GraphQL, JMS, TIBCO EMS and Redhat AMQP
- Elastic DB, MS SQL Server
- Git, Ansible, Atlassian suite of tools.
8 to 10 years of experience core Java development experience required.
Your Experience and Skills:
• Proven results in programming and applications design
• Strong experience in Core Java and Java related libraries (Spring-boot, JMS, JPA etc.)
• Basic knowledge of functional and reactive programming
• Experience in delivering major pieces of work in a complex, agile environment
• Sound knowledge of system analysis methods and tools
• Specific experience in delivery that focuses on the downstream integration of enterprise systems
• Experience with SQL / NoSQL Databases
• Experience with CI-CD tools
• Experience in automation and scripting
• Experience in building micro-services and RESTful services
Additional Skills that would be an advantage
Experience in / with these tools / technologies / methodologies would be an advantage:
• Working in a cross-functional agile delivery team
• Akka actor framework
• Bit of Scala programing
• Docker containers
• ELK Stack
Identity and Residency skills required. Security clearance may be involved. Candidates need to be based locally Sydney and ready to work from home as required during Covid 19.