- €500 per day
- 6 month contract
- Remote working
Our client is a large Irish enterprise based in Dublin and they are seeking a Senior Azure Infrastructure Engineer to join their IT Operations team on a 6-month contract. You will play a key role in migrating their existing server infrastructure to Azure as well as up-skill some of the existing staff on Azure technologies.
The current server environment consists of 900 (mostly Windows) Servers, spread across two Dublin data centres. 80% of these Servers are VMware VMs, and over the coming months the aim is to begin migrating VMs to the Azure cloud. They are also looking to adopt a cloud-first approach for new services as soon as the cloud environment is established.
Remote working for now but they might require 1 or 2 days onsite post restrictions.
- Project work relating to configuring Azure resources, AAD and other Azure service
- Providing insights that will assist in the formulation of a robust cloud strategy, including options for high-availability, DR, backups, and cost-efficient practices
- Helping to identify the Servers and applications that are prime candidates for migration to the cloud
- Planning and completing migrations as required, ensuring that downtime is kept to a minimum
- Troubleshooting and resolving migration and cloud-related issues (eg permissions, connectivity and performance)
- Assist as required with other day-to-day Operations tasks (such as backups, patching and upgrades) and troubleshooting of the on-premise Windows infrastructure
Some of the key technical requirements include:
- Virtual Machines
- Virtual Networking
- Network Security Groups
- User Defined Routing
- Network Virtual Appliances
- Private Endpoints
- Private DNS
- Application Gateway and Azure Front Door
- Implementation and troubleshooting
- WAF rules and troubleshooting
- ARM template and PowerShell design and deployment
- Cosmos DB
- Web and Function Apps
- Logic Apps
Azure qualifications, and 3+ years working in a medium to large Azure infrastructure would be preferable too.
Please CLICK APPLY to be immediately considered!