- Limerick based - remote working for now
- €55k - €60k base + health & dental + pension + 25 days leave and much more!
- Large Cloud Infrastructure, great training!
Our client is a world leader in software solutions for it's sector, having being around for 25+ years and multiple offices globally. They've recently expanded into Ireland to build out their Cloud Operations team and have big plans for growth here in the next couple of years.
They are seeking someone with approx 5 years experince working with Cloud technologies (AWS or Oracle preferred) in an operations role. You will be a senior in the team, where you will be mentoring and working with juniors, and get the opportunity to step into an offical team lead role in the future. They invest heavily in training and new technology, so if this interests you then please read on...Requirements
What you will bring to the role?
- Ensure that the overall service (including people/processes/tools/infrastructure) is available, and meeting agreed service level requirements – covering AWS and other various tech
- Ensure that the customer and operational support environments are sized appropriately (including both increasing resources as needed and also reducing resources when not in use)
- Manage appropriate incidents (and problems) through to resolution, referring and escalating to other resolver groups as required
- Support plans relating to security incidents (including testing), initiating actions when flagged, ensuring liaison with other parties (internal and external) as necessary
- Execute plans for DR/BC as required (including periodic testing)
- Maintain operational run book, taking input from other teams as required
- Build new customer environments and on-board clients (liaising with client-facing teams)
- Acceptance of new code (&c) from Development/Product/DevOps teams
- Deliver changes to operational environments (within framework of release and change management processes)
- Ensure support for culture of continuous improvement, including identifying areas for potential improved automation and feeding back to relevant teams.
- At least 5+ years in a technical support environment for a managed infrastructure or cloud-based solution provider
- Strong knowledge of public cloud architecture (preferably AWS)
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, with an ability to communicate in non-technical terms to non-technical people
- Excellent experience of working in distributed teams across multiple time-zones and different jurisdictions
- Hands-on experience with tools managing the cloud environment including - Jenkins, Datadog, AWS cloudwatch, logz.io, sysadmin skills and experience of writing scripts in an administrative language.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or similar qualification
- Strong analytical skills and a familiarity with problem solving, an attention to detail and quality and a desire for improvement
- Good awareness of security and confidentiality issues and experience of identifying security vulnerabilities
From here a great opportunity awaits to be apart of a global cloud team with endless growth and learning opportunities. Interviewing immediately so please click APPLY
for consideration! DON'T DELAY APPLY TODAY!