Urgent requirement for an experienced System Administrator to join a NSW Government Agency.
Immediate start – 22ND January 2021
4-month contract initially until 31st May 2021 potential to be extended.
$400 per day + super
CBD location + WFH Options
The Job Opportunity:
The successful candidate will be part of a small IT Server and Network Infrastructure team supporting hundreds of servers and workstations. The role will require significant outside of business hours works particularly during monthly patching of servers and also for support during busier periods. Travelling will also be required to remote offices and operation centres within New South Wales, hence having a driver license will be an advantage.
The primary responsibilities will be:
- Management of Microsoft SCCM infrastructure for building/imaging/maintaining proven and stable SOE images for internal Head Office and remote office users operations, performing routine patching of servers and workstations and providing compliance reports, packaging up applications/software for custom deployment, review and plan for the use of Intune for cloud integration and management.
- Implementation and management of Microsoft Intune solution for device remote management including the image build and deployment, device/user policy and setting configuration and application packaging and deployment.
- Supporting Azure environment primarily around providing access to various Resource Groups or Azure resources through Azure IAM and local Active Directory sync.
- Management of Exchange mailboxes in Office 365 including the management (creation, update and deletion) of user, shared and resource mailboxes, calendar sharing and mailbox access delegations, mail tracing/troubleshooting and mailbox export process.
- Support and management of various Office 365 services such as Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Online administration
- Management of file servers for creation of shared folders and configuring access permissions, providing user access and also the management of print servers such as installation, configuring the sharing and providing access.
- AD user and group management including add, remove and update user account information and groups, reset passwords and configuring custom AD management console.
- Supporting internal Head Office and remote office users in person or over the phone for any end user computer related issues including providing remote access to staff and contractors.
- Management of Microsoft SCOM infrastructure including daily monitoring of alerts and following up the alerts till resolutions with the appropriate system owners, setting up dashboard and custom alerting/overrides and performing upgrade.
- Monitoring the daily scheduled backups ensuring they are completed successfully and performing data recovery for end users as requested.
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of the system and ensuring the currency of system documentations.
- IT qualification with minimum of 5 years’ experience will be preferable.
- Microsoft System Centre 2012 Suite, primarily System Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM) and System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM). Experience with System Centre Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) will be an advantage.
- Experience in Microsoft Intune management and administration
- Windows Server Administration particularly Windows Server 2008 up to Windows Server 2019 on Microsoft Hyper-V environment in a standalone or cluster setup
- Windows System administration especially Active Directory Domain Services and Group Policy Management
- Experience in management of mailboxes within Exchange Online environment in a hybrid environment
- Experience in supporting Microsoft Teams and Sharepoint Online environment
- Experience in implementing Microsoft BitLocker (MBAM) and supporting drive encryption technology
- Exposure to Office 365 components including Azure AD connect, DirSync and Azure multi factor authentication
- Experience in providing Azure management support for managing Resource Groups and Identity and Access Management (IAM) in Azure will be an advantage.
If interested and meet the essential criteria above, please apply today via the link.