Exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Business Analyst to join a large NSW Government Agency.
Role: Technical Business Analyst
Type: Contract Role
Daily rate: $776+super
Start Date: ASAP
Location: WFH & North Sydney
Client: NSW Government Agency
The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for managing initiatives from conception through to implementation that support the organisation's strategic vision and priorities associated to Revenue and Billing. This encompasses the analysis, design, development, testing and delivery of key enterprise solutions including and not limited to:
- Billing Portal
- Revenue Portal
These applications consume large amounts of real-time data from numerous source systems used by the organisation. The Business Analyst will need to work with the Program Manager to plan and define scope of projects, activity plan and sequence, resource plan, manage risks and issues in an organisation and Team where priorities rapidly change.
- Highly skilled in PowerBI & experience leading teams to deliver a software development release
- Experience (> 5 years) as a Team Lead / Senior Business Analyst working in a large, complex multi-disciplinary organisation with numerous stakeholders to engage from different backgrounds.
- Experience (> 2 years) collating business requirements and translating them into functional and non-functional requirements for custom solutions.
- High level of documentation skills with extensive experience developing Business Requirements Definition, User Stories, Functional Design Specifications, Process Maps, current state and future state gap analysis, Change Impact Assessments and Data Dictionaries.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills with the ability to facilitate interviews, small focus groups and large working parties with sometimes challenging stakeholders.
- Experience (> 2 years) analysing complex datasets, performing root cause analysis and providing solutions to complex business and/or technical challenges.
- Experience (> 2 years) in developing, executing and reviewing test cases and test scripts.
- Experience (> 2 years) in using Microsoft technologies in particular Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, SQL Server and Power BI.
- Experience (> 2 years) managing full software development releases using waterfall, agile or hybrid methodologies from business and technical requirements elicitation, analysis, development and testing to go-live.
- Relevant educational background including a Bachelor degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Lead and manage the engagement with stakeholders to identify requirements and design for custom revenue analytics and billing systems.
- Lead the development and testing of application releases to ensure the solutions are ready for Production deployment.
- Develop documents including and not limited to: Business Requirements Definition, Functional Design Specifications, Process Maps, Change Impact Assessments, Test Cases and Data Dictionaries.
- Manage and facilitate interviews, small focus groups, working parties and other meetings with stakeholders ranging from operational staff, IT staff and/or Finance/Revenue staff.
- Utilise Microsoft Power BI to develop report and dashboard prototypes to facilitate discussions around requirements and design as an input to development.
- Act as a subject matter expert about developed systems and liaison between business stakeholders and development resources.
Full description available on request.
If interested please apply today with an updated resume in a Word document via the link to Claire Sheerin at The Recruitment Company.