- 1 year contract
- Pay Rate: $37.00 + super
- Hours of work: Full-Time Monday to Friday, 9:30-4:30pm
- Location: Orange (Some Travel Required)
The Laboratory team, preferably with some science background having used microscopes but not essential, will be sieving the Khapra site sweep or vacuum samples looking for signs of Khapra beetles You will be working out of the biosecurity laboratory at OAI using microscopes or large magnifying lenses to search material for khapra beetles, larvae or shed larval skins.
Face masks and PPE are required within the laboratory environment due to dust and will be provided.
Primary purpose of the role
This role supports laboratory, glasshouse and field operations in conducting research across multiple projects within DPI Agriculture.
- Conduct field sample collection at various locations, and assist in the management of glasshouse and field trials under minimal supervision from the Research Officer.
- Collect and accurately record research data and information to ensure consistency and quality in sample evaluation from replicated trials.
- Undertake laboratory testing to assigned laboratory testing protocols.
- Operate and maintain field equipment and laboratory instruments used in pasture agronomy research to required standards.
- Contribute to the maintenance of work health and safety (WHS) and quality management system (QMS) databases (i.e. standard operating procedures (SOP), safe work method statements (SWMS), etc).
- Comply with work standards according to the level of appointment in the Technical Staff Merit Progression Guidelines.
- Managing multiple tasks effectively within tight timeframes and to supervisor expectations.
- Operating and maintaining a range of laboratory and field equipment.
- Working within a team environment and liaising effectively with colleagues with regard to shared space and resources.
- Qualifications in accordance with Part 2 (xv) of the Crown Employees (Department of Industry) Technical Staff Award
- Ability to fulfill the physical requirements of the role
- Valid NSW Driver Licence and ability and willingness to travel in varying conditions, including overnight stays away from home.
How to Apply:
Click APPLY NOW and send your CV in word document format only.
Due to the ASAP start CV's will be submitted as they come in, send your CV now so as not to miss out.