Contract Dates: ASAP - 6 Months
Pay rate: $800 - $965.50 per day + Super
Location: Sydney (WFH-covid)
PMO Manager – Enterprise Track Worker Safety (ETWS) program - Strong Program Planning Skills required
Primary purpose of the role
The Project Manager coordinates the delivery and management of a specified project or section of a program of work delivered by this government agency as part of a larger Transport for NSW program.
The role ensures best practice processes are provided in the delivery of safe, successful and compliant programs on time, on budget, to specified scope and quality outcomes in line with the business readiness to operate and maintain a reliable and efficient passenger services.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of project development and implementation for a specified project or section of a program, including developing project plans, coordinating resources, managing budgets, meeting reporting requirements, and supporting project-related activities, to ensure project outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, to quality standards and within agreed scope in line with the government agency project management methodology
- Manage stakeholder relationships through effective communication, negotiation and issues management to ensure stakeholders are engaged throughout the project and project deliverables are met
- Refine and implement project schedule and activities throughout the project lifecycle
- Monitor and evaluate all aspects of project implementation, including risk and contingency management, benefits realisation, project impact and quality measures, to identify and address issues, assess project progress and effectiveness, and achieve project outcomes
- Track schedules and associated costs for achieving project completion within the budget and time allotted, and value for money outcomes when viewed on the basis of effective risk management, certainty of delivery and whole-of-life cost.
- Ensure reporting mechanism are linked to on time, on budget delivery and ensure implementation of project management methodology
- Execute safety responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities consistent with this government agency safety management system requirements which are defined already.
- Strong Program Planning Skills required
- Technical qualification (or equivalent) and minimum 10 years’ experience and demonstrated ability in delivering projects on time and on budget within Rail, Transport or Infrastructure sectors.
- Experience focus with interface management, construction and commissioning staging works in a live railway environment.
- Diploma of Project Management or equivalent demonstrated experience and ability in delivering program assurance readiness and integration activities on time and on budget within Rail, Transport or Infrastructure sectors.
How to apply:
Click "Apply now" and send your CV in word document format only to Dervla who will be looking after this role.
Due to the ASAP start we will be submitting CV's as they come in for this role so send your CV now.