We are looking to recruit a Media Advisor to work on a contract basis with a large NSW Government Department, initial 6 month contract with a view to extend.
The Media Advisor supports and proactively promotes services, expertise, key priorities and policy initiatives to a wide audience with the aim of increasing public awareness of the organisational and government support for initiatives that improve public health in NSW.
The role is also responsible for responding to enquiries from media organisations reporting on the public health system and supporting various branches within NSW Health, Local Health Districts/Networks and related agencies to communicate the health services they provide to the people of NSW.
The role requires extensive knowledge of media issues that may impact NSW Health on a daily basis, while having the foresight to anticipate emerging issues which may affect the delivery of essential health services more broadly in the context of Government sectors across Federal, State and Local jurisdictions.
- Research and respond to, in a timely and accurate way, media enquiries regarding NSW Health, the health portfolio and health-related matters as well as conduct daily media monitoring
- Utilise internal resources/databases to research and write high quality media releases, statements, Q&As, talking points for external and internal distribution
- Research, develop proactive story pitches along with relevant content/spokespeople to achieve the Ministry's strategic media objectives
- Liaise with representatives of NSW Health, Local Health Districts/Networks, Ministerial offices, government agencies and other relevant organisations to obtain the information and support necessary to successfully fulfil public information objectives
- Advise departmental and other authorised spokespeople on how best to represent NSW Health and present a balanced view of health-related issues in the media and other public forums
- Organise and assist with media training, interviews and media conferences
- Liaise with and support other business units within the Media & Communications cluster on multi-media content and projects, and develop social content and organise talent to promote NSW Health policy
- Maintain a comprehensive overview of the NSW health system in order to provide timely advice on and responses to positive and negative issues that may be of public interest and generate media coverage
Please apply now!