Public Sector IT Categories
Network Architect required for a new 12-month contract role within NSW Government.
Design and manage changes to the overall architecture of the departments’ ICT network to deliver continual service improvement over the life of the network, ensuring secure, reliable, responsive and personalised ICT services are delivered to the executives and their staff and other nominated clients.
• Design, implement and manage the network communications infrastructure and associated systems to achieve the unit’s primary business objective of a high quality, executive focused, ICT service to clients, with a focus on security, reliability of services and agility.
• Resolve incidents, problems and requests, and promote the continuous exchange and enhancement of knowledge and skills within the unit.
• Act as a key resource in the planning, design and delivery of ICT projects, especially those highly dependent on the network communications and security infrastructure.
• Manage the procedures and practices which govern the operation of the IT network, maintaining a set of local standards of good service management practice (ITIL) that help to support the unit’s focus on security, reliability, responsiveness and continuity.
• Monitor and analyse trends and patterns relating to the network communications infrastructure to identify immediate and long term areas of improvement, emerging risks, vulnerabilities and threats, and to drive service improvement.
• Provide technical leadership to the organisation in the area of network communications and research. Critically review, evaluate and advise management on new technologies and future innovation for the network.
• Prepare high quality, accurate and analytical reports including briefs or discussion papers for management, to inform, advise action, respond to requests or promote new ideas and strategies.
If you meet the essential criteria, please apply today via the link with your updated resume in a Word Document to Claire Sheerin at The Recruitment Company