Public Sector IT Categories
Senior Cloud Specialist (Networking) required for an exciting contract role within a NSW Government Department.
The role: The Senior Cloud Specialist (Networking) will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the organisation's AWS and on-premise cloud infrastructure environment.
• Design, build, document and maintain enterprise cloud networking resources
• Automate cloud networking Moves, Adds, Changes and Deletes (MACD) processes
• Collaborate with Architects to formulate detailed target state design and migration planning
• Collaborate with Application teams to increase velocity of cloud networking environments
• Produce clear, accurate technical diagrams and documentation
• Provide sound technical advice at a Subject Matter Expert (SME) level
• Contribute to and comply with the DevOps practices, toolsets and standards
• Ownership and proactive follow through with assigned responsibilities
• 10+ years experience in enterprise networking
• 5 years experience in cloud networking and DevOps automation
• Demonstrated expertise in enterprise-grade cloud and traditional networking technologies
• Hands-on experience on Fortinet firewalls, F5 LTM GTM ASM, Ansible and AWS cloud networking (including Transit Gateway, Security Groups, NACLs)
• Expert understanding of networking concepts such as advanced routing (BGP), anycast, DNS, HTTP/S, load balancing, firewalling, NAT, IP and VPN
• Background in infrastructure automation projects and operational environment
• Understanding up to the application layer networking in the context of network troubleshooting
• Experience in AWS compute and storage services
• Fortinet, F5, Cisco and AWS certifications
• Experience working in large enterprise-level cloud networking environment
If you meet the above criteria please apply via the link with your updated resume in a Word Document to Claire Sheerin at The Recruitment Company.