The primary purpose of the role is to lead and manage the planning, delivery and management of multiple large scale complex projects within a program of work within clearly defined scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Work with stakeholders to confirm that project scope is sufficient to prepare clear project plans with goals in measurable terms and to ensure project outcomes are met
- Manage the implementation of the project plan to meet scope, time, cost, quality and safety requirements in line with rigorous project evaluation methodologies to ensure quality products are delivered to the business through verification and validation processes
- Develop detailed project budget and forecast cash flows/milestones from approved budget, including reviewing and recommending for approval for project costs and variations, monitoring and controlling project costs and reporting on expenditure and addressing any slippage issues
- Facilitate the development and approval of project specific quality, safety and environmental requirements, ensuring compliance with all relevant safety and quality standards
- Ensure that project risks, issues, dependencies and impediments are managed effectively to support smooth project delivery, and ensure issues and risks are escalated effectively and documented in respective registers to inform project directions and mitigate risk
- Where appropriate lead the preparation of procurement artefacts required for the delivery of services, lead the tender evaluation process in alignment with procurement policies and processes and lead the negotiation of contracts with service providers
- Evaluate and report on project status to ensure accurate accounts of progress and team performance and to highlight deviations and variances from project plans, to minimise impacts and ensure implementation of project management methodology, in line with the Technology PMO.
- Ensure at key points in the project, that effective governance check points are followed, including holding appropriate meetings to allow stakeholders to assess progress of project
- Ensuring that the project meets all milestones and deadlines without compromising on safety
- Dealing with a diverse range of complex matters and highly conceptual issues, in order to recommend practical solutions, often within limited time frames
- Managing diverse range of stakeholders who have different and often divergent needs and requirements.
You will have:
Degree in Engineering Civil or electrical
7-8 years Project Management on brownfield sites
Experience working with an alliance
At least 5 years managing direct reports where possible.