UX Designer required for an exciting contract role within a large NSW Government Department.
- 11 Month Contract
- Daily rate: $590 plus super
- Location: WFH Mostly & Parramatta Office
- ASAP Start Date
The Role: Working within the Product Development Team developing a new platform (in Salesforce) for their products. This involves redesigning their whole process of collecting building and utility data to conduct our environmental ratings.
- Determining research strategy and carrying out research activities for different aspects of the product. This is a research-heavy UX Design role.
- Synthesising research results, generating insights and communicating to the team.
- Participating in design sprints. This is a fast-paced, agile environment of research, prototyping (low fidelity only), testing and iterating.
- Creating low to medium fidelity prototypes that reflect an understanding of design principles and web standards.
- Testing designs with users and iterating accordingly.
- Being a strong advocate for the user’s perspective.
- Understanding and incorporating complex technical and business requirements into research and designs.
- Some knowledge on the building industry would be helpful, but otherwise you can learn it during the role.
- Working closely with our small product team to continue developing our design ops and promoting the value of design and UX across the department.
- Minimum of 2 years UX Design experience.
- Outcomes focus: figuring out what creates the most value for end users, and making sure this drives what we do in research, design and testing activities.
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to build and maintain good relationships with key stakeholders.
- You ask a lot of questions, and feel comfortable getting into technical details, e.g. testing ideas with mechanical engineers.
- Interest in sustainability in the built environment, and how buildings work. Previous experience in built environment or sustainability is an advantage.
If interested please apply today via the link with your updated resume in a Word Document to Claire Sheerin at The Recruitment Company.