Public Sector Professional & Technical
The Department is responsible for delivering a range of energy efficiency and renewable energy programs for businesses and households. An opportunity exists for a project officer to work on a NSW led program aimed at creating a market for net zero energy homes and improving the energy performance of the existing housing stock. This project involves stakeholder engagement with the housing sector (builders, trades and professions) to ensure future solutions are appropriate and lead to expected outcomes.
This is a complex project with a wide range of stakeholders with competing priorities, tight timeframes and limited resources.
The role is suited to a passionate individual with strong project and stakeholder management experience.
• Support the design and implementation of projects that support stakeholder needs
• Prepare and provide input into reports, submissions, briefing notes and ministerial correspondence on a range of operational issues in accordance with government protocols,
• Procure and manage the delivery of services by external service providers / consultants.
• Represent and advocate sustainability program interests in a range of forums.
• Support the program evaluation, including research projects that provide evidence of impact
Qualifications: Project management, stakeholder engagement
Experience and Skills:
An ideal candidate will have:
• Project management skills including project design, scheduling, budget management and evaluation. Experience implementing complex projects would be advantageous.
• Experience in stakeholder engagement with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate has confidence to work with these stakeholders collaboratively to achieve shared outcomes.
• Advanced communication skills, including the ability to write and present complex information.
• Ability to work independently and manage own work and priorities.
• Previous experience in sustainability, energy related projects or data related projects will also be highly considered.
• A good understanding of the residential housing sector, including the relevant policy, market forces, stakeholders and challenges
• Previous experience in evaluation and/or research projects is desirable
• An understanding of how households consume energy and the main influences on that energy use.
• Previous experience in government is desirable
Click APPLY NOW and send your CV in Word Document format to Dervla who is recruiting for this role.
Due to ASAP start we will submit CV's as they come in.