Role Title - Digital Publishing Manager
Start date - ASAP
End date - 03/05/22 (8 months)
Payrate - $500 per day + super
Location - Sydney - Martin Place
Primary purpose of the role:
The role is to support the Communications function – assisting with co-ordinating, delivering, managing and monitoring of external and internal web communications.
- Drive the operational management and maintenance of the organisation’s external-facing websites, which includes continual improvement activities such as development agency management and user feedback management
- Oversee the strategic direction and evolution of the organisation’s Intranet, provide direction and, when required, management of day-to-day operations including content audits, user research and development and agency management
- Manage digital projects, including preparing business cases and project plans, identifying resource requirements, developing and managing budgets, supplier management, communication and meeting reporting requirements to ensure project outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, to quality standards and comply with approved project management methodology
- Manage Treasury’s Content Management System (CMS) and the content management workflow (including authoring and upload) support to the wider organisation
- Provide excellent customer service and a user-focused approach to web publishing
- Manage website reporting requirements (Google Analytics), for both internal and external website audiences
- Effectively engage with business areas and SMEs to identify online solutions that meet business needs and outcomes
- Ensuring digital assets effectively comply with the requirements of the latest Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and related legislative requirements such as Government Information Public Access (GIPA) Act, State Records Act etc
- Build and deliver web publishing training to staff across the Treasury cluster
- Participate in Communications team planning, and support activities as required
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or a related discipline and/or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a range of digital communications products including intranet and internet websites in a large and complex organisation.
- Strong customer service focus and understanding of stakeholder management
- Sound knowledge of, and strong ability to manage and configure CMSs - familiarity with SharePoint, Drupal or Squiz is preferred
- Understanding of frontend development technologies such as HTML, CSS