Public Sector Professional & Technical
Primary purpose of the role
The key function of the Technical Services Support team (TSS) is to monitor compliance and provide support services for tenants including customer service, checking vacants, checking planned works and general quality control.
• Delivers timely, accurate and effective inspections by adhering to the inspections program and standards and maintaining quality, accurate and up-to-date records of inspections undertaken, outcomes and actions required.
• Builds and maintains positive relationships with contractors to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of the inspection program and maintenance program.
• Identifies actions required working collaboratively with Contractors to resolve compliance issues and where necessary issue non-compliance or other notices.
• Identifies and reports to management on emerging issues, thereafter providing recommendations so as to improve and minimise the impact of these issues on the delivery of asset programs.
• Understands and assists in the implementation of compliance education strategies, as required.
Drivers licence is required
* Manage and oversee particular aspects of projects and implementations, including developing and monitoring project plans, coordinating resources, and monitoring budgets to ensure successful project milestones are met.
* Prepare a range of project-related documents for key stakeholders as required, including status updates, reports, budgets and discussion papers to manage the flow of information.
* Deliver on assigned projects and processes within agreed upon deadlines and quality standards.
* Work effectively with Aboriginal Communities & team members.
* Maintain oversight of project progress and identifying issues and risks bringing them to the attention of business unit manager.
* Construction or Maintenance experience essential
* As necessary, consults with manager or senior staff on a suitable course of action in matters that are sensitive, high-risk or business-critical, or for those issues that have far reaching implications with respect to resources or quality advice provision.
* Mentoring and support for Maintenance delivery by Local Aboriginal Land Councils (LALC)
* Review and approve quotations for 'value for money'
* Understanding of National Construction Code (NCC) to be able to complete quality inspections on maintenance
* Understanding of Work, Health & Safety (WH&S) requirements to be able to complete inspections on in progress maintenance work.
* Review of acquittals provided by LALCs
* Complete administration and record keeping of project documentation.
* MUST be able to work with Aboriginal Communities
Travel Required - (70% on the field and 30% on the desk)
Travelling is required to locations mainly between Moree and Tamworth.
Travel is required including overnight which is covered by the business.
How To Apply:
Please click "apply now" and send your CV to Dervla recruiting this role.
Due to the ASAP start, CVs will be submitted as they come in, send your CV now so as not to miss out.