Purpose of the Position
The role involves developing, maintaining and supporting applications and systems that support the business needs of the customer. This includes analysis, design, build, test and documenting solutions according to approved current standards and best practice methodology. As a senior member of the team, this role includes providing technical guidance, consultation and mentoring to other technical staff or project team members.
- Prepare technical specifications and program design documents to meet user requirements and functional specifications.
- Perform analysis to support application and system design
- Analyse, design, develop and test software solutions that meet user requirements according to approved IT standards and best practice methodology.
- Provide accurate estimates of work
- Delivery of work on time and budget
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of Cuscal’s applications, systems and processes to ensure effective knowledge transfer and facilitate support and development.
- Support applications developed providing reliability and consistency of systems.
- Provide SME support
- Provide knowledge transfer to facilitate support and development
- Minimum 7 years of systems analysis and development experience
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn all the desirable items stated below
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with:
- Design Patterns
- Webservices (SOAP & REST)
- JMS (ideally with IBM MQ)
- PL/SQL or T-SQL
- Automated Unit Testing Frameworks
- Micro-services implemented using Spring Boot
- JEE, Webservices (SOAP), JMS (ideally with IBM MQ), Liferay, TDD, BDD, AWS Lambda, Angular, Java Cryptography (JCA & JCE), API Gateway, IBM Message Broker (IIB), Switch (e.g., Authentic or Postilion)
- Knowledge of banking and financial systems and business principles (electronic payment systems, settlement, etc.)
- Knowledge of PCI/DSS compliance
- Knowledge of AS2805 / ISO8353