We have an exciting new opportunity to make that step into Security Architecture, working with a team of IT security specialists. The key purpose of the role is to support the IT Security team in implementing and maintaining a best practice Information Security Management System, working with IT Security and the wider IT team to develop the maturity of IT and Cyber Security.
You will work closely with technical teams responsible for IT, assist in the design and implementation development of systems, standards, processes and procedures to drive security best practices, including the NIST Framework, the Mitre Attack Framework, ISO27001, and GDPR, ensuring that these practices deliver a class-leading control environment across IT and the wider business. You will be required to deliver key projects in Cyber Security strategy, supporting Security Operations Centre capabilities for IT and cyber incidents across the business, and advising on the design and implementation of IT systems and services.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who has a security background, 3-5 years working and supporting Architecture teams within enterprise environments and now ready to make the step up to the mantle themselves.
- You will be familiar and experienced in IT Admin, System Implementation, Project Management, Architecture Strategy & Design.
- Worked within a dynamic enterprise environment offering services 24/7, 365 Days per year.
- IT and Cyber Security Knowledge - Incident Response, Threat Assessments, IoC's Etc.
- Exposure to some or all of the following: malware protection, firewalls and IDS / IPS, systems administration, client Operating Systems knowledge; Virtualization experience; Vulnerability Management, Security Information and Event Management tools
- Knowledge of risk management, developing, implementing, and tracking mitigation and remediation actions
- Experience in developing security awareness and training programmes across diverse channels in a challenging and busy environment
- Project management and delivery of new systems and services, including exposure to procurement processes
- You will be the technical IT Security SME, advising business and IT stakeholders on Information Security policies and assist in the development of technical solutions to implement policy while meeting business needs
- Support the development of our overall Information Security Management System (ISMS) to help ensure delivery of an Information Security strategy that supports business goals while minimising IT, legal and regulatory compliance risks
- Day to Day Operations - monitoring the SIEM platform, and acting as ‘first responder’ contact and lead analyst for the Security Operations Centre
- You will take on the role of Incident Manager / CIRT lead as required, and ensure that procedures are adhered to, incidents are managed appropriately and consistently, and are reported in a timely manner
- Manage the IT Security vulnerability scanning, reporting and remediation processes, including liaison with IT systems owners in IT and across the business
- Support the Information Security Manager by performing technical IT Security controls reviews to test and monitor compliance with the organisations Information Security policies and IT related policies and standards, and tracking remedial actions
- Support IT Architecture in implementing our Security by Design policy, acting as a consultant and advisor to IT and business projects, delivering on design criteria and IT Security requirements to enable Security by Design
- Support the Data Protection Officer in implementing our Privacy by Design policy, acting as a consultant and advisor to IT and business projects, delivering on design criteria and IT Security controls to enable Privacy by Design
- You will assist in managing IT and Cyber Security Risk profile – assess, evaluate and document IT Risk on an ongoing basis
- Deliver Information Security and Privacy Awareness plans by delivering training and awareness campaigns on IT Security policies and principles for technical teams across IT and the business
This position is an immediate requirement and will interview quickly. If you feel this position is the right step for you in your career please do not hesitate to contact Jon Browne on 01 485 4967 for a confidential discussion. Unfortunately I cannot offer Sponsorship for this position, we will only be accepting applications from candidates with full working rights in the Republic of Ireland.