- €550 - €600 per day (6 months+)
- Developer background required
- Large AWS platform
- Dublin based with hybrid working options
Our client is a global and well respected business whom have been on a cloud journey for a number of years. You will be joining the Cloud Architecture team whom is responsible for solution architecture and infrastructure automation across the business. This includes subject matter expertise in cloud computing technologies and support escalation when required.
Your main area of focus will be on architecting cloud-based solutions for a variety of projects, which will include research & development, building prototypes and proof of concepts to form solution architectures and best practices. In addition to designing these solutions you will be either responsible or involved in their solution architecture implementation, deployment, and operations.
A strong background in software development will be critical for this role. The successful candidate should have experience as a senior software developer. Solid communication skills are a must. While primary collaboration will be with developers and architects, the role requires being able to work closely with other stakeholders including Product Management, InfoSec, and Operations teams as well. The successful candidate needs to be able to work closely with all these teams and balance competing concerns to produce optimal architectural solutions.
- Architect AWS based solutions for custom developed applications, identifying key trade offs and recommendations.
- Implement strategies for optimization, high availability, and recoverability.
- Perform as a DevOps evangelist and ownership throughout product lifecycles. Strong DevOps experience/mindset with CALMS principles.
- Automate provisioning of both cloud-based infrastructure and application deployment/configuration to support the development organization.
- Promote Continuous Improvement to identify, develop, implement, and improve infrastructure/operations activities
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in all environments through proven detail-oriented analysis in root cause scenarios and technical deep dives
- Contribute to team efforts to maintain processes and tools for infrastructure, monitoring and operations with clear documentation
- Ability to communicate well with multiple cross functional stakeholders
- Efficiently manage multiple work streams with clear and proactive communication of status, as both a self-starter and a team player.
- Adapt and learn new technology frameworks
Skills & Experience Required:
- Architecting using the Well Architected Framework
- Strong development background with track record of delivering products to production.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong automation mindset based on past success, including ability to provide automation guidance to team members and developers.
- Strong experience building Web Services (both synchronous and asynchronous) for OLTP workloads.
- 4+ years’ experience with EC2, ALB, S3, VPC, CodeCommit/git, and Route53 DNS (ECS/Fargate is a plus)
- 3+ years’ experience Automation Frameworks particularly Terraform / CloudFormation or similar Infrastructure as Code solutions
- 3+ years’ experience with AWS IAM policy creation
- Observability / Application Monitoring experience, preferably including AWS CloudWatch.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, deep-dives, and debugging
- Functional knowledge of Database concepts, both relational and NoSql, particularly DynamoDB
- Comfortable operating in a matrix organization, strong ability to communicate across teams to ensure alignment of technology strategy, best practices and successful delivery.
- Availability to occasionally support systems on-call after hours as needed
Additional "nice to have" extra's include:
- AWS Certification, preferably Solution Architect or Developer Associate
- Experience with cloud security including cryptography fundamentals and modern security protocols (OAUTH, OIDC, SAML, Bearer Tokens etc)
- AWS experience or functional knowledge in API Gateway, Lambda, CloudFront, Glue, Redshift and Athena
- Experience with synchronous (REST, gRPC, SOAP) and asynchronous (SQS, SNS, RabbitMQ) messaging technologies.
- Experience in scripting (AWS CLI, Bash, PowerShell)
- Experience using and supporting various Atlassian products, such as Jira, Confluence
Client is interviewing right now, so please click APPLY to be immediately considered!
DON'T DELAY APPLY TODAY!