Data Migration Developer required for a new contract role within a large NSW Government Agency.
- Contract: 6 Months (potential extension)
- Daily Rate: Negotiable (depending on experience)
- Location: Parramatta
- NSW Government
- To assist with data migration and transitioning to the new Refresh & Resilience platform, this is a brand-new role being established.
- The incumbent will be reporting directly to the Project Manager and working very closely with Business to understand the requirements, vendor to perform the mapping and lead the migration strategy and processes end to end.
- This is a long-term project which will give the incumbent lots of scope to be involved in one of the largest ICT transformation projects within the NSW Government
- Possess strong analytical skills to understand the data and extract the required set for migration.
- Actively participate in all aspect of data migration project lifecycle as required, project meetings, mapping requirements, ETL, data verifications etc.
- Being prepared to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Work closely with Application developers to map the data migration requirements.
- Develop best practices and standards for our team to effectively carry out data migration related activities, such as risk management, scheduling, and data-related requirements gathering
- Perform post-migration quality assurance, audits, reconciliation, and exception reporting.
- Must have Heterogeneous migration experience in Informix to Dynamics (MS SQL)
- Will be responsible for data migration (ETL) activities including data profiling, data mapping and cleansing, develop migration programs and specifications.
- Analyze the data migration requirements with Business.
- Author migration jobs in co-ordination with business analysts and technical architects.
- Experience in data migration to MS SQL server on MS-Dynamics platform.
- Microsoft SQL Server Integration services (SSIS), to orchestrate, automate end-to-end extract and SQL transforms.
- Strong coding skills, multiple table joins, inner/outer joins, clauses and data formatting.
- Experience in .NET development and Power BI would be a preferred skill.
- Experience OR understanding of Informatica database formats would be an advantage.
- Perform field level mapping between source and destination schemas.
If interested and meet the above criteria please apply today via the link with updated resume in a Word document to Claire Sheerin at The Recruitment Company.