Public Sector Professional & Technical
Primary purpose of the role
Administer the effective delivery of Open Space grant programs, ensure the administration and delivery of grant programs is aligned to best practice, achieves Departmental and government objectives and meets the needs of NSW communities. The role will also be expected to contribute to a range of projects, programs and other initiatives to support the Open Space program.
• Undertake the day to day planning and administration of Open Space grants to support the allocation and monitoring of the grant programs in line with policies and procedures. This will include a range of administrative tasks that support the efficient and compliant management of grants administered, including maintaining system records and Smarty Grants, the Open Space grants management system.
• Provide advice and information to grant applicants and other external stakeholders on the funding processes, guidelines, and relevant policies and procedures.
• Seek to continuously improve the Division’s grants administration system and framework by providing advice to stakeholders and colleagues regarding grant allocations, review processes, and develop user-friendly templates and guidelines.
• Resolve grant recipient issues relating to lodgement, contractual arrangements and grant cycles.
• Undertake research activities, retrieve and analyse data, source and collate information and contribute to the preparation of reports, presentations, briefings, and other correspondence for management.
• Undertake a quality assurance review on all documentation to ensure compliance with Public and Finance and Audit requirements and raise any non-compliance issues with the officers responsible.
• Contribute to a range of projects, programs, and other initiatives to support the Open space team.
• Oversee and contribute to monthly grants expenditure, program funding allocation and partnership agreement completion reviews to inform the Leadership Team and provide advice to influence strategic direction.
• Engage with local government and other stakeholders to resolve issues as required.
• Prepare correspondence, acquittal reports, publications, and briefs, that are informative and aligned with agency requirements, to respond to Department and/or Government requests.
• Manage the dedicated Program inbox through which grant recipients and interested stakeholders will contact the Department.
Key knowledge and experience
• Experience in the administration and day to day management of government grant programs
• Experience in project management including an ability to supervise multiple projects, meet deadlines and manage competing priorities
• Demonstrated time management skills
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Proven experience in providing sound judgement and advice on high profile and controversial issues.
• Tertiary qualification in research, project management, or equivalent experience
How to Apply:
Click Apply now and send your CV in word document format to Dervla who is recruiting for this role.
Due to ASAP start CV's will be submitted as they come in, send your CV now to be considered.