- €500 - €550 daily rate
- 6 month contract
- Global tech company - office in Dublin with remote working options
Our client, a global and world renowned tech business is seeking an AWS Cloud Architect with a focus on DevOps and Infrastructure to join their Dublin based team. In this position you will be concentrated on providing DevOps and Infrastructure expertise to the team and applying these skills within their AWS organization and broader enterprise. As an AWS Cloud Architect this role will be responsible for architecting and implementing cloud-based solutions. These solutions may entail existing re-architecting existing platforms as well as new initiatives and projects.
- DevOps evangelist and ownership throughout product lifecycle. Strong DevOps experience/mindset with CALMS principles.
- Provide recommendations regarding cloud projects by delivering collaborating with other Architects and colleagues on technical solutions and conducting Architecture reviews.
- Identify, develop, implement, and improve infrastructure management/operational activities using automated cloud-based solutions.
- Automate provisioning of cloud infrastructure to support ops & development organizations using Infrastructure as Code.
- Develop cloud strategies and future state architectures to provide sound long-term solutions.
- Develop, modify, support, and maintain AWS based infrastructure.
- Identify and adopt best practices, architectural solution patterns, and new technologies to address current and future needs.
- Contribute to team efforts to maintain solutions, processes, and infrastructure tooling supported with clear documentation.
- Implement strategies aligned to AWS’s Well Architected Framework principles
- Ability to communicate with multiple cross functional stakeholders – both technical and non-technical in a concise and consumable manner.
- Possess the desire and willingness to learn and stay up to date in the rapid and ever-changing IT landscape.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple work streams with clear and proactive communication of status, as both a self-starter and a team player.
Experience & Skills required:
- AWS Certified – SA (Associate or Professional), DevOps Engineer Professional, and/or Developer Associate.
- 3-5 + years of IaaS experience including designing, building, deploying, and migrating workloads.
- 3+ year hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services, including EC2, S3, ALB/CLB/NLB, VPC, R53, and RDS provisioning
- In depth experience with AWS Developer Tools – CodeCommit, CodeBuild, and CodePipeline, as well as git, Python, Bash, AWS CLI, PowerShell
- Fundamental understanding of infrastructure – network, compute, storage, security, application services, etc.
- Automation Frameworks particularly Terraform and CloudFormation or similar Infrastructure as Code solutions.
- Sound automation mindset based on past success, including ability to provide automation guidance to team members and developers.
- In depth knowledge and experience with administration of Linux (Ubuntu & Amazon Linux) and Windows operating systems.
- Core understanding of AWS IAM fundamentals
- Networking – understand core concepts and terminology such as OSI model, CIDR notation, VPC, Subnets, Route Tables, etc.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure operations best practices, including experience in IT Operations in a highly available model
- Strong Web Server experience in IIS, Apache, or Tomcat
- Comfortable operating in a matrix organization, strong ability to communicate across teams to ensure alignment of technology strategy, best practices, and successful delivery.
- Understanding of SDLC processes
- Availability to support systems on-call after hours as needed
Preferred qualifications include:
- Configuration Management Automation (Chef, Ansible, or Puppet)
- Azure Certified or aptitude with Azure
- Experience and/or interest in developing Cloud Native Architectures.
- Proficiency designing configuration management solutions to enable rapid deployment of new stacks.
- Competence with migration tooling such as AWS server migration service, bare metal migrations, or 3rd party tooling for lift-and-shift approaches are needed.
- Virtualization – VMware, Hyper-V, or other virtualization technologies.
- Understanding of API based architectures, SOA, and messaging.
- Knowledge of mobile based architectures
Please click APPLY for immediate consideration! Full working rights in Ireland is essential for this role.