- Global IT Services Provider
- 100% Project work
- Remote working - must be accessible to Dublin
- €450 - €500 per day
Our client is a leading services provider in the Irish and international market. This role is a consultancy position where you will be working with enterprise customers across Ireland & the UK designing & implementing networking solutions for them.
The role is predominantly Cisco focused, and ideally you will be CCNP certified or very close to achieving your CCNP. Aside from Cisco, you will also get experience with other vendors such as Checkpoint, Fortinet, Palo Alto etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and deploys routing, switching, security and wireless technologies (primarily Cisco) in lead consultant and engineer role
- Implements overall solution for clients, including development of designs, documentation, and plans.
- Works with clients to perform assessments, health checks, performance tests, and capacity planning.
- Provides knowledge transfer, training, and documentation to clients upon project completion.
- Maintains current and thorough knowledge of Cisco routing, switching (including Nexus) and Wi-FI technologies.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of enterprise class platforms is a requirement as well as a variety of other hardware platforms particularly converged systems.
- Assists in opportunity evaluation and leading or assisting on pursuits at new clients or within existing ones.
- Provide support to clients on Cisco environments when required
- Supports and conducts self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- Cisco technical experience including design, implementation and support of Cisco Network solutions including
- Experience with Cisco ISR/ASR routers, Catalyst and Nexus switches and wireless controllers.
- Experience with Security products, Firewalls, IPS/IDS.
- Experience with design and implementation of Cisco UCS solutions advantageous.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies/marketplace. Private Cloud & Hybrid Cloud
- Experience of large-scale enterprise support utilising industry best practices and mature processes
- Experience of latest generation compute technology
- Implementing Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity solutions
- Data center operational knowledge
- Desirable would be to have experience of Windows/Linux systems administration (OS, network, storage, application support); Network and SAN connectivity including TCP/IP, FC, MPIO, etc.
- Ideally should have a chargeable professional services / consulting, client-facing background.
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Networking professional to join a close knit team of experts working on large scale projects, while having a lot of fun along the way.
PLEASE CLICK APPLY TO BE IMMEDIATELY CONSIDERED!