Role Title: Modern Methods of Construction Digital Engineering Officer
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 12 Months
Pay: up to $900 Daily Including Super
Hours: 8hr/day 40hr/week
Check: 2x References, WWCC, Police Check, Double Covid Vaccination
Purpose / Role overview :
The Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) team aims to create a modern approach to infrastructure delivery by providing systems, tools and resources to be the agents and leaders of industry reform. We do this by driving standard digital designs enabling Volumetric or Component part offsite manufacturing for onsite assembly.
The MMC Digital Leader is responsible for:
- Support Gov Departments and project teams to successfully manage and implement MMC and Digital Engineering / BIM standards.
- Contributing to; and supporting, effective Digital Engineering processes for MMC design implementation; from Masterplanning through to detailed design phases, including during Early Contractor Involvement (VECI & ECI) phases should they be required.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and management of the MMC Kit of Parts.
- Provide support to design teams of internal and external stakeholders, driving project teams to collate BIM data
- Assisting the MMC team in responding to MMC and Digital-based RFI’s during all project phases.
- Facilitate proactive identification of value-add MMC and Digital Engineering innovation while fostering an environment for MMC design excellence.
- Contribute to the MMC Digital Engineering evolution throughout all phases of the project delivery life-cycle.
- Contributing to; and supporting, effective Digital Engineering processes for Asset Information Model implementation / handover for ongoing Asset Management.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
- Demonstrated superior skills in all aspects of Digital Engineering / BIM Management and Implementation with a robust knowledge of data transfer, software packages, and an understanding of ISO19650 requirements.
- Experience in day-to-day management of design/modelling teams, mentoring and task / resource allocation, digital automation, BIM content development and management.
- A minimum 10 years industry experience on a variety of projects and clients across built environment sectors utilising Digital Engineering / BIM processes.
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of excellence, collaboration, communication and innovation which is open and transparent at all times to foster trust and encourage a shared understanding of Digital Engineering and BIM process standardisation and MMC principles with all internal and external professional stakeholders.
- Strong planning and organising skills – prioritising, task and resource allocation, scheduling.
- Extensive working experience with BIM software (Revit, Civil3D, Infraworks, ACC/BIM360, ProjectWise) and processes as per ISO19650.