Senior Security Engineer - €75K - €85K + Benefits
I am working with prestigious global insurance organisation who are currently experiencing great growth within their technical teams. Currently establishing a Security Operations Centre of Excellence to cover brands across Europe.
I am looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join Security Services team. You will report to the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) & provide security services to the European group of companies.
You will Manage the optimisation, integration & customisation of security technologies within the Security Services department. Focus on continuous improvement and to seek opportunities to exceed expectations. Specifically, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support Security Support Specialists
- Acts as the subject matter expert to assess and approve the implementation of security solutions
- Ensure familiarity with risk management programmes.
- Key participant in Critical Incident Response Team for major incidents
- Security Infrastructure Capacity Planning & Management
- Attend project meetings and maintain strong relationships
- Champion and Sponsor projects in the Security Management area
- Identify opportunities or emerging demands and plan for them
- Work as part of the Security Services Management Team and ensure delivery of Milestones
- Manage the impact of change in relation to technology, products, processes and legislation and lead the team in implementing the change
- Ensure that business risks are identified, and adequate controls are in place.
- Seek opportunities to automate, improve service and productivity.
- The main point of contact and the highest escalation point to the security device management service
- Providing full lifecycle management of its products and services and ensuring their continued operation in accordance with service levels and stated functionality.
- Facilitate communication with DR and BCP for planning and execution
- Although not initially, may have direct reports
- Develop team members’ skills so that the team can maintain and develop strong service relationships with customers
- Manage the team within current budget and maintain service delivery at all times
Knowledge and experience
- More than 5 years’ experience in security engineering and solutions.
- Advanced understanding of the major networking protocols (IPv4/IPv6/TCP/UDP/DNS/SMPT/WWW)
- Advanced understanding of the major operating systems (Windows/Linux/AIX/HP-UX/iOS/Android/ Mainframes)
- Experience dealing with major security incidents at the enterprise level
- Advanced understanding of enterprise business applications, networks and systems
- Advanced level of critical security technology configuration and implementation
- Advanced information security skills (Confidentiality, Integrity, Availability)
- Advanced skills in change and configuration management
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of financial institutions industry leading security technologies
- Recommended Industry certifications (CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAC, CE|H, SDLC, Risk Management)
- Recommended vendor certification (CCIE Security, MCSE, Red Hat Expert Level)
- Expert at producing solution designs to meet system architecture.
This is an urgent permanent position; we will only accept applications from candidates who have full working rights in the republic of Ireland as sponsorship will not be offered for this position. Please feel free to call Jon Browne on 01 485 4967.