- Dublin based - hybrid/remote options
- Large enterprise environment - financial services
- €95k - €120k (neg based on candidate)
Our client is a leading and well known financial services firm based in Ireland having been in operation close to 100 years and having gained many thousands in customers. Due to continued growth in the team, and a big emphasis on being 'cloud first', they are seeking an experienced Cloud Architect to join their team on a permanent basis.
In this position you will play a key part in setting the direction for their continued cloud journey, ensuring that the business has the correct architecture and support structures in place too. As well as being an architect, you will also be responsible for leading a small team of engineers whom carry out the majority of the hands support work.
Key duties involve:
- You will help shape the Cloud and DevOps strategy working with a wider team of Architects
- You will ensure Total Health and Security of the Azure architecture is maintained. You will be responsible for the security posture of the Cloud solutions
- You will be responsible for the stability of the Cloud including designing processes to ensure that they are resilient cloud solutions.
- You will ensure that a Cloud strategy is in place which is aligned with business and other IT strategies
- You will lead a team of DevOps Engineers within an Agile environment ensuring that the team are sized right with the right skills to deliver on business demand.
- You will continuously review the Cloud operating model with a view to introducing regular improvements into the model as the team matures
- You will maintain and drive a DevOps maturity model to help the organisation accelerate its cloud capabilities.
- You will work closely with application, network, and security teams to ensure Cloud solutions are compliant and set up to deliver value to the business
- You will develop the overall Cloud Architecture (current/transition/target) plans for the Organisation.
- You will ensure that the business is getting the best value for money from their deployments within Azure including leading initiatives to manage costs and ensure we have cost transparency.
- You will maintain sufficient documentation to allow our Azure infrastructure to be maintained, managed, and extended effectively.
Skills & Experience Required:
- A customer first mindset and a good communicator being able to explain technical concepts in non-technical language
- A leader who knows how to get the best out of a team and equally how to protect the team to ensure that they are stable and set up for success
- Extensive experience with Cloud Networking, Governance, BCP/HA/DR, and Security.
- An understanding of Microsoft Azure technologies with the technical capability and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trends.
- Experience in configuring, deploying and managing Microsoft Azure IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS services.
- Experience in designing and driving customer-centric Technology roadmaps
- Experience with Azure DevOps, DevOps tools and processes, Terraform, Ansible, and other automation tools/platforms.
- Hold a 3rd level degree in IT / computer science or related field
- Knowledge of industry trends, directions, roadmaps, capability models and frameworks
- Have experience with Agile Scrum methodology and working as part of an Agile Team
From here on out, a great opportunity awaits to work for an employer of choice with great training and career opportunities, along with excellent benefits.
PLEASE CLICK APPLY TO BE IMMEDIATELY CONSIDERED!