- 100% remote in Ireland
- Large enterprise AWS migration
- €575 - €600 per day
Our client is a large enterprise business in the aviation space whom are looking to add to their skilled DevOps team with a senior or lead resource whom can help them on the next phase of their digital transformation journey.
The position is a 12 month rolling contract, one that you could potentially be there for a few years all going well. You can be based anywhere on the island of Ireland with the role offering 100% remote working options. Their is a Dublin based office for those whom prefer a hybrid option.
Required Skills for the role include:
- Experience leading DevOps/SRE team within AWS
- Experience with Terraform and a background in Linux
- Transformation & migration from hosted traditional stack to a Cloud based stack
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience leading DevOps/SRE team
- Experience applying software dev practices to infrastructure deployment
- Experience helping development teams build and deploy microservices based applications in AWS
- Experience migrating from hosted traditional stack to a Cloud based stack
- Experience developing docker solutions in AWS: EKS, ECS
- Exposure to Packer, Terraform, Ansible
- Experience with native AWS services like WAF, API GW, Lambda
- Experience with monitoring tools like Datadog
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
- Experience with distributed computing, cloud security, IaaS & PaaS architectures, DevOps, SRE and networking concepts.
- Knowledge of J2EE, and cloud technologies development languages and tools, to continue with development
- Understanding of Identity and Access Management, user and system authentication methods and certificates, tokens and certificate management
- Experience with setting-up highly secure infrastructures with no Single Point of Failure
- Experience working in Agile / Scrum teams
Key responsibilities & duties include:
- Develop the organisational, process and metrics proposition across the infrastructure
- Ensure that the advantages of Cloud technologies are fully leveraged
- Develop clear understanding of governance and team roles and responsibilities
- Identify where our clients can leverage IT for greatest strategic impact, defining a target IT architecture that supports business requirements and reduces costs.
- Setup and manage production operations ensuring environment stability and up-time
- Implement a pro-active monitoring solution
- Help optimise infrastructure costs
- Help align with the Development and DevOps team tool-sets
- Work collaboratively with the Development, Test, Operations and Release teams
A great opportunity awaits in a fast growing company working on a large scale industry leading project. Great team & work life balance too.
Please click APPLY to be immediately considered!